Pages

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Swimming pool

During the holiday my family and I stayed at a hotel that my mum works at for my dad's birthday.


After school,(the last day of the term), my family and I quickly went home and grabbed our suitcases and hit the road all the way to the city which is pretty far away from where I live. We arrived at the hotel and immediately my eyes were glued to the swimming pool. If you know me, I love swimming, even though I can't swim, I just love to float around the pool.

We stayed at the hotel waiting for the sun to rise up and it was finally hot to swim. The weather was burning and every step I took outside my feet were cooking like pancakes. I reached the pools and was ready to dive in. I took a deep breath and jumped in, right off the bat, I was so cold. If you were in the pool it will feel like you're frozen in a block of ice. I came up with a pretty smart solution I'd say myself, we rented two rooms so I took each kettle from both rooms and heated it up, I then ran with the kettles to the pools and poured it in and it worked, the pool was warm.


The whole day I was in the pool thinking I was Michael Phelps swimming from one end to another until I kinda felt bored. I jumped out of the water and dialed my aunt's number, I asked, “Can Sio and Vita come over to the hotel and sleep over” She replied
“Sure If you want” I jumped up with joy and then five seconds later I had to sit down and do the waiting game.


It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon, my cousins finally turned up. I was super happy because I was in the sun for so long my skin would have burnt off. I told them to jump in and guess what, the pool was frozen again so I had to do the method again. Later on, we swam the whole day until 10 pm (the time the pool closes. )We had to get cleaned up and look fancy for my dad's 50th birthday dinner.

It was an incredible day and a delicious meal. My favourite part of the day was my dad's birthday dinner but that is a different story.

Walht: Add detail to our main ideas and to use a range of topic and sophisticated vocabulary to allow our audience readers to build an image based on our writing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lasike
    I really like your work about what you did in the school holiday,maybe next time you could add something else than I (just a suggestion) but i still like your work.I remember that time my teacher told to write a story about my holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comment, after rereading I know see there are way too many I's.
      I want to see your story about your holiday!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.