Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

My yucky Macaroni & Cheese

It's Thursday… you already know what it is, we are going to cook some food.
Today we made macaroni and cheese. This was the most difficult dish we have made, it sounds simple but the amount of dishes we had to clean after the meal,was atrocious!

We arrived to Pakuranga and started cooking.  Some of the ingredients we used, I had never heard of e.g. powdered mustard. We had to use powdered ingredients to make the cheese sauce, that  we used to drizzle on top of the cooked pasta. I was surprised to see the powder change its state to become a thick liquid.

Next we made the pasta. This process  was easy really.  We had to boil the water after adding a pinch of salt and then we added the macaroni.  When the pasta is ready, drain the water (and pasta) through a sieve over the sink.  I had a quick taste ( I couldn’t help myself) and I was really surprised because the pasta tasted like a mouthwatering dish, the only problem was …. my cheese sauce.

Prior to making the macaroni, I prepared the cheese sauce.
Cheese was added to the powdered cheese mixture with ¾ of a cup of milk.  This was then heated and stirred, until mixture thickened.  

I then splashed some thick cheese sauce all of my pasta, I can describe that moment as satisfying. I had a partner he didn't help with the pasta because he was making coleslaw, to be very honest the coleslaw tasted way much better than my macaroni and cheese.

On reflection, I think I added too much salt into the sauce and I suspect I also added too much mustard!  I will  most certainly make sure I don’t do that again - It is very important to listen to instructions!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.